Sunday, October 16, 2011

Less Queasy, More Breezy

Thank goodness! The constant queasiness is subsiding! I'm still having food aversions (right now it's anything fried, and spiced meat like kebabs or mediterranean.) That said, I was able to go to Espetus last night for Brazilian Rodizio buffet, so that was a nice surprise. Pineapple always sounds good. Smoothies sound great, though I really haven't had many. Fruit is always appealing, too. At least it seems like once I start eating, I can keep going and get it all down. Eric and I are definitely going to be trying to get out to do things that aren't baby-friendly, to try to squeeze them in before Blinky's arrival. So dinner and a movie was a great start. We also have a bunch of tickets to concerts coming up.


In terms of other symptoms, there really haven't been many changes. Eric calls me his 'supersniffer'. Which sounds more glamorous than it is.. mostly I get the privilege of checking to see whether his t-shirts are clean or dirty before he gets dressed. :) It has mostly been fine, although occasionally I have to cover up my nose or find something more pleasant stat.


I'm still trying to keep my attitude pretty light about the baby. I have a dear friend who was recently pregnant, but lost the baby at 10 weeks. So, even though I might feel like things are going well, and that I'm out of the woods, it really isn't true just yet. So there isn't much planning going on, or thinking about parenting, or any of that bondy stuff. I'm trying to just take it easy and focus on my health and keeping myself under as little stress as possible. Soon I'll get to throw myself into this whole-hog. But for now, still a bit cautious.

We made the big announcement last week after the appointment, and we've gotten nothing but great well-wishes and offers of help. We're so lucky to belong to such amazing families and communities. I have a feeling that we'll barely have to buy anything with all the hand-me-downs!

Altogether feeling great and rockin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment