(Long Time No See, for those of the over-40 set..)
I was gently reminded by Grandma that I haven't posted in, oh, a month or so. I suppose 'no news is good news' is kind of a cop-out! But, in some ways, true.
Let's see... I'm a ton less queasy, which is wonderful. The flipside is that I now seem to have a hair-trigger gag reflex. So I'm doing a lot of dry heaving in the morning, and can't tolerate things that 'gross me out.' The other day I vomited after seeing someone spit on the ground. (I"m salivating right now just remembering it.. blech!) I'm not a fan of vomiting, so I wish it would stop. Interesting that I didn't ever actually ralf when in the morning sickness stage.. but began once it was done. Lame!
I have been feeling the baby move a lot lately, which is a great thing. Last night I could swear I felt them do a somersault. I rolled over in bed, and so they rolled over, too. Funny feeling! I can't wait for Eric to be able to feel something.
I'm getting bigger. Still losing weight everywhere but the belly, which is growing bigger. I'm now turning down booths to sit in, and I've stopped wearing my best jeans. *sigh* It's muumuu city from hereon out, I suppose.
We went in for the amniocentesis on Dec. 1st, and had the detailed ultrasound. I was anxious about going, though not worried exactly. Just ready to have the damned thing done. I had the ultrasound, and apparently they found that my uterine lining hadn't completely fused with the exterior (or something like that!) so doing the amnio was contraindicated. They rescheduled me for a few weeks later, which was very disappointing, but I had to trust that the docs knew best. The biggest bummer was that Eric and I had both arranged to be off work, and had driven to the city. Let's just say that it was a very grumpy car ride home.
I'll be going in again on Tuesday the 20th, which will be better since I'm now officially on winter break from work. (Woo hoo!) I can truly rest afterward without worrying about work. I'll let you know how it goes.
The great news is that the ultrasound showed that the baby is very much the right size, shape, and has all its appropriate bits! Any major problems would have been clear through the ultrasound, so it looks like so far so good! They also said that they're relatively certain that it's a girl! The way she put it was "Don't go out and buy anything pink.. but it looks like you've got a girl." Eric and I are both cautiously pleased. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment